Information Catalyst at Big Data London 2017

Information Catalyst at Big Data London 2017

From November the 15th-16th ICE represented RED-Alert in the Big Data London event. Primarily ICE was attending and exhibiting because of the H2020 CREMA project which showcased the FischerTechnik model factory it has been using for experimentation within CREMA and which will also be used in RED-Alert for proof-testing the CEP Engine that ICE is in charge of. This ‘attraction’ ensured a very investigative audience and engaging stand demoing Industry 4.0, CREMA and RED-Alert, and in particular those aspects related to big data.

ICE’s task within RED-Alert were particularly relevant to this show – ie CEP tool. There was also interest in the project in general as well as H2020 programmes which were new too much of this commercial audience. The show is advertised as the largest data and analytics event in the UK and attracted over 5000 (business orientated) attendees, 80 exhibitors, with 5 continues theatres and 100 speakers.  It had a highly commercial flavour with many users with approximately 80% of the audience were from the UK and the other 20% largely from Europe.  ICE estimates it had more intimate face-face discussions with around 5% of the total audience and the stand was permanently queued with people due to their interest and whilst focused on CREMA the Industry 4.0 / Digitising Industry Topics were highly relevant.

Read more about the Big Data London Conference: https://bigdataldn.com/   and catalogue entry: https://bigdataldn.com/exhibitors/information-catalyst/